Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Declaration of Independence

I’m kind of late with this post but I still wanted to get it up for y’all. I spent the 4th of July working as usual but I enjoyed the work as usual. New Covenant Christian Ministries w/ Pastor Billy R and Dr D’Ann Johnson were sponsoring “Summer Fest” @ Redan Park. The event was VERY FAMILY oriented. I mean it really felt like some backyard bbq type jumpoff. Well done New Covenant.

DARP/ EMI Gospel recording artist Darlene McCoy hosted the festivities.
I came through right as Sean Simmonds was hittting the stage. Dude performed a couple of joints from his Sept 22nd release “It’s Over.” Can’t wait to hear the rest of the album but “Soul Glow” is my joint and when he got into that the crowd was on it!
Afterwards Sean took time to sign autographs for the kids
My man CJ aka Canton Jones took to the stage next. I got so much for my dude it ain’t even funny. CJ gave me my start in the entertainment industry period. I traveled on the road with him and worked at his office for about a year and a half. Dude is the most approachable down to earth cat you would want to meet. He brought a full band with him and the people rocked out with him…

…including the CLOWN!!!! Next was one of my current favorites Christopher Lewis. The “Crisis” cd is a dope project. CL travels with a full band also including a 3 piece horn section.

Christopher Lewis - He Is The Truth

The headliner for the evening was none other than Kurt Carr. I’m not big on choirs and stuff but my man was getting it in! I mean he took it to the foot stomping, sweat ya weave, fall out in the middle of the church joint and everybody was stirred up!

Afterwards I had just enough time to get over to New Birth (congratulations Edward Long aka “You still Young Dirty to Me Homie”) for their 4th of JULY celebration as well. I pulled in just as they were wrapping up the fireworks display and caught my man Big Ran & Ifeanyi onstage doing the dang thang

Ifeanyi aka “Mr. The Block Iz Hot”

My girl EC (Erica Cumbo) gave ‘em the business with her performance. She is the Praise & Worship leader at WCCI and is abeast onthe mic. I know you can’t tell from the footage but trust me, Babygirl is gone do it something major ya dig!

Erica Cumbo - Battle Won

After all that I finally made it to ClayCo with my family and in-laws where I was able to eat like Fred Flintsone. Whew!!!!!

No comments: