Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Love Is In Need...

107_9092.JPG
So Saturday morn I was headed to work and while waiting for my ride over by Garnett train station I caught this line. There was also a gentleman who at first listen appeared to be yelling at those in the lineup. I drew closer and had Sunday Morning Service early. The lineup was for a local church (I believe) feeding the homeless & hungry. The man that I thought was yelling was actually preaching (his delivery and booming voice was reminiscent of Martin Luther King Jr.)
107_9091.JPG
A few observations:


1. ChicaGOrilla what have you done recently to impact your world sir?


2. Ayo that dude dressed fresh as all get out, why is he lined up to eat w/ the homeless


3. Why didn't that brother take his hat off when asked to so the reverend could bless the food?


4. What type of impact and impression would that church have made on these people if they fed the people first and preached second?


5. What if they didn't preach at all and just fed the people and let them know ALMIGHTY GOD loves them?


6. What if they undergirded their efforts in feeding these men fish with teaching them how to fish?


By no means am I hating on their efforts. I sincerely applaud them and hope to successfully get all of us together at the next Hosea Williams Feed the Hungry Event. I really need to get back on my square.


107_9093.JPG

No comments: